Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Jurassic Brownies

Tomorrow JW turns 7 so tonight I am making some treats for his birthday snack at school. I decided to make dinosaur shaped brownies using my favorite way to make brownies adapted from a recipe I found in Southern Living. Peanut butter streusal brownies... they are awesome!


Here's how to make them:

Make the batter for a 13x9" pan of brownies according to package directions (I like Duncan Hines, but Pillsbury is good too). Pour the batter into a greased 13x9" pan.

In a small bowl mix until crumbly:

1/2 cup flour
2 T brown sugar
2 T granulated sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter
2 T melted butter
1/8 teaspoon salt

Sprinkle mixture over brownies. Bake according to package directions, maybe slightly longer. Cut into whatever shape you prefer but we recommend dinosaurs!

No comments:

Post a Comment