Sunday, September 13, 2009

Life on the Edge

We live life on the edge. On the edge of sanity, yes. On the edge of our seats, yes. But mostly what I mean is that we live in the country, right outside the edge of the suburbs of Raleigh, NC. We have a 36 acre farm, and we can't see another house from our front porch. I love the country life, but by some standards we may not be as "country" as others (we have 3 grocery stores within a 6-7 mile radius) and by others standards may seem impossibly "country" (we have to drive 6-7 miles to the grocery store).

I have decided to create this blog to share our country life on the edge. I have a wonderful husband Jason (aka my #1 Water Toter...will explain that later) and 2 children Casey 5 (aka Sissy) and J.W. 6 (aka Bubs). I currently have a full time job at a large Pharmaceutical company and I'm a stay at home mom (thanks to being blessed with a wonderful manager who allows me to work from home 3 days a week and grandparents who watch the kids 2 days a week) and I manage a horse farm with monthly horse shows. I epitomize the saying "I'm so busy I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse".

In this blog I will comment about things I have a lot of experience with (like canning, home cooking and horses), experience with but still learning (like gardening) and also things I've always wanted to try (like cheese making, soap making). People are always asking me how I do some of the things I do, like canning or just plain cooking so I thought I would chronicle some of them here.

I will share the adventures of raising kids on a farm.

I am also in the middle of a home renovation that actually started last year when I could no longer tolerate the carpet (does not work on a farm with kids) and bright yellow walls that were part of our house when we moved here in 2004. I will post before and after pictures as I transform our farmhouse into what I call Country and Western design....a little bit of country and a little bit western.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment